Facts About Domestic Violence
- 1 in 4 women (reported) are affected by Domestic Violence at some point in their lifetime
- Everyday in the US, more than 3 woman are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends
- Nearly 1 in 5 teenage girls who have been in a relationship said a boyfriend threatened violence or self-harm if presented with a breakup
- Domestic Violence is the leading cause of injury to women - more than car accidents, muggings, or rapes COMBINED
- Children who did not see the attack itself heard the gunshots
Now thru June 30, 2014 - Enter your photos of supporting domestic violence or TraJa and have a chance for your photo to be in the 2015 5th Anniversary Calendar TraJa will be publishing. All entries must be submitted to TraJa by June 30, 2014 for the voting to begin. All winners will be announced by August 1, 2014. Please email all photos with contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org Please feel free to email us with any questions.
July 25-27, 2014 - 1st Annual POA (Pride of America) Open. For more information, visit www.camppoa.com
August 17, 2014 - Timber Rattlers Domestic Violence Awareness Game - 1:05pm Timber Rattlers vs. Kane County at Fox Cities Stadium.
August 23, 2014 - Domestic Violence Awareness Football Game with the Door County Destroyers, 4:00 pm at Baileys Harbor Recreation Park vs. The Dodge County Braves
Month of October - Domestic Violence Awareness Month - check with your local shelter for area events
October 4, 2014 - Princess Warrier Mudd Run - Appleton
December 3, 2014 - Nationwide Candlelight Memorial - From your location
January 14, 2015 - 6th Annual TraJa Event - More Details to Follow
Month of February - Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month - check with your local shelter for area events